Movie Reviews (5)

It's the holidays! And you know what that means...more movie watching! Watched a couple lately so I'll be posting some short reviews on them :)


Star Trek (2009)


Starring: Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto
Rated: PG-13
My Rating: 5 stars


Okay, I've never seen Star Wars or Star Trek episodes or anything of the sort, but this. movie. ROCKS. 
Apparently according to my mom, they've done a really good job re-creating the characters for a "prequel-ish" type movie about how they all get together.
Doesn't matter if you aren't a Sci-Fi fan, or if you think this is nerdy or whatever. This movie has been one of the best movies I've ever seen and is great for lovers of action and epic movies (like okay, it isn't probably as good, but pretty close. Think...space version of Lord of the Rings). Can't wait for the sequel!




Mamma Mia! (2008)

Starring: Meryl Streep, Amanda Seyfried, Pierce Brosnan
Rated: PG-13
My Rating: 4 stars 


This is definitely my "feel-good" movie. My parents are ABBA fans and because of them, I've listened to their music for a chunk of time (I'm 15, so that's gotta count for something :P). Meryl Streep is amazing and totally can do anything. She absolutely WOW's in this movie. Only thing which I didn't really like in this movie was Pierce Brosnan's singing. No offence, he's a great actor, but his singing is quite...you get what I mean.
This one's for those who need a smile, wanna jump back in the 70's and sing along to the classics. Mamma Mia! is definitely a musical not to be missed.



Which movies have you seen lately?

2 comments:

  1. Hello ! I'm a french reader and I'm going to surf on your blog to read in english !
    I'm sorry for the mistakes ;)
    Where do you from ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Star Trek too! Sooo good! I haven't seen Mamma Mia because it looked really irritating, but I agree about Meryl Streep. There is nothing she can't do! haha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!