Movie Reviews (11)

To take a break from the book reviews I do reviews on something else I love (almost) as much: movie reviews! Just short, around a paragraph ones about what I thought about it. Okay, so here we go!


Wild Child (2008)

Starring: Emma Roberts, Alex Pettyfer
Rated: PG-13
My Rating: 3.5 stars

Not the most enjoyable film, but there's something always hilarious about an American in England :)
Emma Roberts...I found her playing the perfect brat, SO bratty I wanted to strangle her. I mean seriously, really whinny and annoying, which I guess she was going for, so in that case, it worked. And of course, Alex Pettyfer! I actually had no idea he was in this movie, but it was a great (and totally awesome) surprise to see him in it. Love the whole boarding school and the rivalry between the head girl and Poppy. Loads of laughs and cringe-worthy moments as well.
Recommended to people who liked Aquamarine and Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging.

Avalon High (2010)

Starring: Britt Robertson, Gregg Sulkin
Rated: PG
My Rating: 2.5 stars

For me, this was a complete letdown. It does NOT follow this book. They even changed the ending! GRRR. It's a shame, because I really wanted to see this one badly because Avalon High by Meg Cabot is seriously one of my all-time favorite books. Well, at least Gregg Sulkin made me happy :) But he does sound strange with an American accent...oh well.
The ending was kinda weird, although I totally didn't expect it. Some people have been hinting at it to me, but I only found out now. I guess if you haven't read the book this would be more likeable, although for me, it's not what I (unfortunately) expected.
Recommended to people who liked The Princess Diaries.


Well, that's all for this week (and by the time you're reading this, I'm halfway done with exams!) and look for another one next week :)

What movie(s) have you watched recently?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of either these and I'm kinda sad about the first one. I'll have to check it out for a laugh. I'm glad I didn't hear about the other one and I'm glad I didn't watch it without being warned. Cause I love the book and I would have been livid!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!