7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker

7 Clues to Winning You by Kristin Walker

Release Date: April 26, 2012
Publisher: Razorbill
Rated: YA 14+
Format: ARC
Source: Publisher
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
GoodreadsWebsite

When a humiliating picture of Blythe goes viral, she's instantly the target of ridicule at her new school. To salvage her reputation, Blythe teams up with Luke to win the Senior Scramble scavenger hunt. But Luke is an unlikely ally and potentially can't be trusted.

Perhaps it's his Shakespearean witticisms that reel Blythe in despite her better judgment . . . or maybe she just craves the thrill of the game. But as the hunt progresses, their relationship heats up. Soon their madcap mischief spirals out of control. Blythe is faced with arrest and expulsion, among other catastrophes - until Luke shows her what the Scramble (and love) is really about.

7 Clues to Winning You? Well, I was totally won over!

This novel has definitely been one of my favorite contemporaries that I've read so far this year. Some of the contemporaries which I've been reading this year have kind of been somewhat lacking in the humor department, and I really REALLY love books which can make me laugh non-stop. I mean, common, I'm a bit tired of more "serious" contemporaries, and need something to giggle over. This book– this incredible, hysterical book– is one which you should not hesitate to pick up.

Blythe is truly a character like none other. On one hand, she's that typical straight-A popular girl, who cares about poise and grace, and has high ambitions. On the other: she's downright hilarious. Put the two together and you have a very very interesting main character.
Here comes my favorite part of any review: the fangirling. Oh, Luke! Luke, Luke, wherefore art thou Luke? Trust me, I was pretty envious of Blythe– I LOVE LUKE! He's hilarious (like this whole novel), super sweet and GAH you gotta love him. You just have to!
Jenna and Cy are also an interesting pair. With their over-excessive making out, I could agree with Blythe, but they're also super sweet and stand up for her. Speaking of interesting pairs... Ms. Eulalie and Ms. Franny are the most HILARIOUS elderly people that I've read about. With their constant quibbling and nagging (and their love for Blythe), it's funny to see how they help her on the Scavenger Hunt!

The idea of the Senior Scramble Scavenger Hunt was definitely a new concept in YA contemporary, so I'm glad that other than being the typical teen rom-com, it's also got this original factor to it. Of course– with two older ladies constantly yelling and arguing over every little thing, how this novel be anything but unique?

Oh man, 7 Clues to Winning You was hilarious and fabulous! Kristin Walker truly knows how to write a novel which will make you laugh, make your heart pound, make make every girl green with envy. I really should check out A Match Made in High School, because if it's anything like this one, I'm bound to fall in love once more!


○ ○ ○ Thank you to Kristin Walker and Rebecca Kilman from Razorbill for sending me 7 Clues to Winning You for review! ○ ○ ○


If you like this, try...

  • Smart Girls Get What They Want by Sarah Strohmeyer ● Goodreads
  • Just Flirt by Laura Bowers ● Goodreads
  • Welcome, Caller, This Is Chloe by Shelley Coriell Goodreads

3 comments:

  1. I loved reading this book. Luke was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right about the other serious YA books- I need something fun! Must get me this book!

    Great review. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Ms. Eulalie and Ms. Franny so so much-they added hilarity and wisdom to Blythe's life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!