YALLFest Interview with Ransom Riggs

Hi everyone! Just like the last interview with Rainbow Rowell, this is another interview for YALLFest with Ransom Riggs. But first...

What is YALLFest? It's the biggest book festival in the south. And this year, they have around 50 amazing authors featured: Veronica Roth, Lauren Oliver, Ransom Riggs and so many more. Interviews are being featured all around the Blogosphere, so be on the lookout for them! You can check out many of the interviews on the official page HERE.

Anyway, onto today's interview!


Ransom Riggs

Ransom Riggs grew up in Florida, where he spent his formative years making silly movies with his friends in their various backyards, snorkeling, and complaining about the heat. He studied English at Kenyon College and film at the University of Southern California. He lives in Los Angeles. He makes films you can watch on his YouTube page: www.youtube.com/ransriggs. He enjoys traveling to exotic lands and complaining about the heat. He would like to thank you for reading this short biography.

Website: www.ransomriggs.com/

What one thing do you need to have when you write?

Silence. My noise-cancelling headphones have become almost essential.

What is the hardest line to write– the first or the last?

The first. I rewrite and rewrite it a million times. The last comes easy.

Tell us 5 random facts about yourself.

I'm six foot four. I lived on a working farm until I was five. I used to know how to cook Indian food but now I've forgotten. I love documentaries. One day I will conquer the moon.

What are you working on now?

A novel for Little, Brown the plot of which is SECRET! (Sort of, for now. But I'm really excited about it.)

What is your favorite genre to write in? To Read?

Oh, definitely YA to write in. I read everything, lots of YA, lots of adult, nonfiction of all sorts. I even read poetry when I'm feeling ambitious. I think it's crucial to have lots of different influences. If you only read in the genre you write in, your writing will sound like everything else that's already out there.

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

Thank you so much for that interview– I absolutely loved Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, and I can't wait for Hollow City!


Goodreads

A horrific family tragedy sends Jacob 16 to a remote island off Wales, to the crumbling ruins of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, where he finds unusual old photographs. The children, one his grandfather, were more than peculiar, perhaps dangerous, quarantined for good reason - and maybe still alive.

2 comments:

  1. Never seen a pic of him before, but now we can't stop picturing him and Tahereh together. Too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent written content. Many thanks related to exposing. I'm keen on the concept rather definitely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!