Waiting on Wednesday – Week 168

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight upcoming books that I'm DYING to get my hands on!

This week's WoW is:
Heartless by Marissa Meyer

Long before she was the terror of Wonderland — the infamous Queen of Hearts — she was just a girl who wanted to fall in love.

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favorite of the yet-unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend and supply the Kingdom of Hearts with delectable pastries and confections. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next Queen.


At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the king's marriage proposal, she meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship.


Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.

November 8, 2016 ● Goodreads

I've read Marissa Meyer's Cinder, but for some reason never continued with the series. Which is ridiculous, because I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Aside from that being need to be remedied–I love retellings...and what I love even more is retelling of books that I've grown up reading. Alice in Wonderland is a classic that I've loved reading over and over again, and I can't wait to read this prequel of sorts. It's bound to be amazing and incredibly well-written!

What are you waiting on?

10 comments:

  1. I did the same thing with Lunar Chronicles, too!!! I stopped at Scarlet, saw how HUGE the next books were and then got sidetracked by other pretty books :( And funny thing, Ms. Meyer was in the tea I went to at BEA, too!! I sat with 3 authors: Mafi, Meyer, and Adam Silvera. Anyways, I've got cute info for Meyer, too!

    AWESOME pick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, yasss!! I really, really need this book! I'm a huge fan of The Lunar Chronicles, so I'm really eager to see what Meyer has come up with now! And btw, you really should continue the series! :D

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't finish the Lunar Chronicles yet! Scarlet is my favourite one so far, I'm hoping to finish the series this/next month. However, I am super excited for Heartless!! Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Patty @ BookishWanderlove

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I never continued after Cinder, but mostly because I just don't like retellings. I'll have to give this one a try because the hype is getting to me. Who knows, maybe I'll even like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm interested in reading this one as well! I never finished the Lunar Chronicles after Cinder (was put off by how many books were planned in the series - and then they added Fairest and Stars Above!). But this one might be good for me. I hope this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Rabiah. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get it. I hope this is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm happy to see that I am not the only one who read Cinder, but didn't continue with the series. I always felt sort of bad about not caring if I finish. Oh well. This book sounds good, and I hope you enjoy reading it.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah! But they're so good! And I think the series only gets better. :) I'm actually not big on Alice books of any kind, but if anyone can get me to enjoy one, it's Marissa Meyer. :) Wonderful pick!!!

    Rachel @ Paper Cuts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay. I'm curious about this one, too. But I don't know...I'm worried that I might not enjoy it because Alice in Wonderland creeped me out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh you must finish The Lunar Chronicles. It only got better and better! I don't know about this one. I'm not a fan of Alice in Wonderland? But I do love her writing, I might just give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!