Faerie Wars by Herbie Brennan



Henry thinks he is simply saving a butterfly from being eaten by Mr Fogerty's cat - but he is in fact saving the life of a mis-directed exiled fairy prince.
A prince who has to get back to his own land in order to thwart a threatened attack by Fairies of the Night.
But time is against Pyrgus Mulvae and soon he is relying on Henry and Mr Fogarty not just to get him home but also to solve the puzzle that surrounds his exile. 



I found Faerie Wars to be interesting.


Sure, the beginning was really weird, with the mom and the affair. I was like "What?? Seriously Weird..." anyway you get the point. I was kinda feeling bad (for Henry) when his mom was found to a lesbian at this point...


...but as I got later on in the book I found it intriguing. It was kinda similar to Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer, cause it's like High Tech Fairies and stuff. I mean come on, who doesn't like a book with high tech, butt-kicking fairies? yeah, that's what I thought you'd say. It's a very well written plot, it keeps readers intrigued, although, some of it can be kind of confusing. I like the use of demons in the book. Very different from other's. Although it does have it's one fault. The sister is pretty annoying and loudmouthed. I didn't like her AT ALL. And Mr. Fogerty?? I wasn't expecting him to be a burglar! and that other point with the main guard or whats-his-face...I won't spoil it though!


(Well other than that) Overall, this was a fast-paced, butt-kicking, jaw-dropping, suspenseful book, and I loved it. It was Amazing! Can't wait to read the Purple Emperor...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!