Waiting on Wednesday – Week 65

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's to showcase upcoming reads which I'm DYING to get my hands on.

This week's WoW is:
Debutantes by Cora Harrison

It’s 1923 and London is a whirl of jazz, dancing and parties. Violet, Daisy, Poppy and Rose Derrington are desperate to be part of it, but stuck in an enormous crumbling house in the country, with no money and no fashionable dresses, the excitement seems a lifetime away.

Luckily the girls each have a plan for escaping their humdrum country life: Rose wants to be a novelist, Poppy a jazz musician and Daisy a famous film director. Violet, however, has only one ambition: to become the perfect Debutante, so that she can go to London and catch the eye of Prince George, the most eligible bachelor in the country.

But a house as big and old as Beech Grove Manor hides many secrets, and Daisy is about to uncover one so huge it could ruin all their plans—ruin everything—forever.

Goodreads ◆ August 2, 2012

Well, I don't have to wait for too long for this one to come out! I've read about America in the 1920's...but never about London. Sounds like a different change, one which I'd love to learn more about! And the whole story sounds a lot like Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen. Should be good!

What are you waiting on?

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good!
    Here's mine: http://perrytheplatypus1102-3daydreamer3.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-my-name-is-rapunzel.html

    Nobonita@Daydreaming Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover model reminds me so much of Luna Lovegood-it's very creepy. I'm not the biggest fan of the 20s but my sister is so I may steer her towards this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cover! Adding this to my tbr list :)

    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! This sounds really good & I love the cover. I'm definitely going to have to read this one.

    Thakns for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loveee the cover of this one! Great pick! :)

    ~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!