Miss Match by Erynn Mangum

Lauren Holbrook has found her life's calling: matchmaking for the romantically challenged. And with the eclectic cast of characters in her world, there's tons of potential to play "connect the friends."
Lauren sets out to introduce Nick, her carefree singles' pastor, to Ruby, her neurotic coworker who plans every second of every day. What could possibly go wrong? Just about everything.


I found this book very sweet and hilarious. It kinda reminded me of Every Boy's Got One by Meg Cabot, with it's funny twists and its sweet romantic parts. The Cover is pretty too, it really caught my attention!


Lauren Holbrook is a character I actually found my self to like. Most female characters these days either have to be weak and pathetic or completely headstrong etc. Lauren gets into several mixups and funny moments that it's impossible not to like her! I find it funny how she treats her boss/best friend Brandon, and at first calls the new receptionist, Hannah, a "barbie" but then ends up becoming her friend, and of course, her match making skills. I find it really funny how she gets all out of the way just to make sure the two people she's matching meet and go on a date etc. I gotta say, I'm impressed. She has some serious skills. The funny twist to this though, is that she doesn't see herself falling for anyone! I really did think she'd be with her boss in the end, but oh well, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Another really random thing that I liked about Lauren is her movie choices. LOVED THEM! she is like now, one of my favorite female characters of all time. Her love for chocolate and coffee is another thing that gets to me too. Mmmmm...Chocolate. Gods, that's making me hungry and DARN, don't have any right now :(.


I found all characters to be charming in this book actually. I don't think there was one character I hated...anyway, if there was, I can't think of one. All of them are so sincere and sweet it's seriously one of those books people should read if they need to be happy. I find that Lauren and Hannah's plans laugh-out-loud material and that just makes reading this book such an amazing and pleasant experience. I don't generally like reading anything heavy (although with books these days, heavy is the only thing you'll find) but this one is light and easy. The perfect thing for any day.


I find Lauren and Hannah's attempts the most hilarious when they do two things. The first, they eavesdrop through the door on Ruby and Nick and actually hear them kissing, which of course excites them. And the second, when things don't go well for Ruby and Nick, they set them up with blind dates. Hannah becomes Nick's blind date and there's some other doctor guy (his name escapes me) with Ruby and the things they say are so random (like flies) and disgusting (the eating habits) that's its impossible not to laugh at this bit.


Perfect, Hilarious and Sweet, Miss Match is the perfect chick-lit for those who want something light and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!