This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen



When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about?


This was my first Sarah Dessen book, and lemme tell you this: No wonder she had been called one of the Queen of Teen Fiction. HER WORK IS AMAZING! I've been trying (or was it avoiding?) Sarah Dessen's books for a while, cause I didn't wanna be disappointed when reading it. I Love Meg Cabot's books (Queen of Teen!) and didn't feel up to reading these. Well, that turned out to be a huge mistake.


This book was slightly confusing at first. Just slightly. I got confused between Remy's friends, and I was confused with who was who and blah blah blah. Thank Gods it got easier as I went on. I actually don't really like Remy's character. She's kinda the "uptight" person in this book, not as loose or free, much stricter. I feel so sorry for Dexter as he finds out what she thinks about him and even in the beginning, when she ignores him completely. She just isn't the type of character I'd warm up to. She annoys me a little.


Dexter on the other hand...3 words: I LOVE HIM. Gods, Sarah Dessen and Meg Cabot do have a thing in common other than their amazing books: they sure can write in guys who are so amazing and dreamy, the guy that every girl wants. And he's really funny n all that, love his dog as well, Monkey. He sounds so adorable (Dexter, not the dog) and it kinda seems that other than a boyfriend, this guy could maybe be like an older bro. He's just so light-hearted, and everything in life (well most things) seem to be easy for him. He seems to go with the flow.


I loved that in Just Listen (another Sarah Dessen book – review coming up soon!) they included The Truth Squad and Remy. It just creates a familiarity between the two books. Hahaha, "Hate Spinnerbait!". I only recognized them by that line, and I'm like OMG! YAY! anyway...


This Lullaby was an amazing chick-lit book, just one that all Meg Cabot fans should read. Sarah Dessen does certainly capture a part of a girl's life which is difficult and life changing and puts it into perspective that all girls will love. 


Hate Spinnerbait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!