Interview with Leigh Fallon

I'm thrilled today to be lucky enough to have an interview with the author of the upcoming YA novel, The Carrier of the Mark, Leigh Fallon! Leigh Fallon has been beyond amazing to answer some questions about her upcoming book and herself. Without further delay, here she is! 


(NOTE: Sorry for the weird spacing! Somethings going on with my blog...weird :S)




Random Questions first...


What type of Music do you like listening to? 
I love music! I really find it inspires me.  My must have music for writing would be: 
Elbow, Moby, Radiohead, and Radical Face.




What Book(s) have you recently read? 
I just finished Supernaturally by Kiersten White, and I’m currently reading Variant by Robison Wells.








What is/are your favorite Book(s) of all time? 
I find that hard to answer, I have so many favorites and they are constantly changing.  I’ve loved Judy Blume, Jane Austen, Stephanie Meyer, and Jilly Cooper to name a few.  








What is your favorite Ice Cream Flavor? 
I’m not big on ice-cream, but if I was forced to choose a flavor I’d go with good old fashioned vanilla.








Dream Vacation Spot? 
I’ve been to many beautiful places; I think Sicily was one of my all-time favorites.  I would love to travel to India! (:D)








What is your favorite Movie/TV Shows? Actor/Actress? 
My favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice. I love the BBC version so much, but I like the Kiera Knightly version too. (Haven't seen the BBC, but LOVE the Kiera Knightly one!)









My favorite TV show?  That is a tough one. I’ve loved so many. I think Buffy, Roswell, Popular, and Ugly Betty would be up there at the top of my list.
My favorite Actor would have to be Jeff Goldblum, he is just so cool. 
My favorite Actress, I have a soft spot for gorgeous girls who can laugh at themselves. Emma Stone and Christina Applegate are two that spring to mind.



Serious (ish) Questions


What gave you the Inspiration for The Carrier of the Mark
I was sitting in my jeep outside of my daughters’ ballet school.  My twin babies were in the car bawling their eyes out with boredom.  I was looking for a way to escape it all for a few moments when something my dad said popped into my head, ‘everyone has a book in them’.  So taking these pearls of wisdom, I picked up some scraps of paper and started jotting down notes about a story that was stirring in my head.  Each of the characters became very clear almost immediately and the magical element was at the forefront. The inspiration for it? Well probably the town of Kinsale, the old buildings, the eclectic mix of people, the beautiful views.  But the story went from inspiration to the makings of a book in less than 30 mins on the backs of receipts and napkins.



What is the Significance/Meaning of the title, and how did you choose it? 
The title is very literal, you’ll see what I mean when you read the book.  The name sprang to mind at the same time as the idea, they came hand in hand.







Do you see yourself in any of your characters? 
A little, I think I inject a little aspect of myself in most of my characters.  I think Caitlin has quite a bit of me in her character.








How did you pick the setting for The Carrier of the Mark
As I mentioned above, I was looking at it out my window.  It was right in front of me, and so much more than just a setting.  Kinsale is like another character in the story.








Did you always want to be a writer? 
Nope, it never occurred to me.  The Carrier of the Mark was my first book so I’ve only been writing for two years.








Other than writing, what do you do in your spare time? 
Spare time? What spare time?  I wish! Honestly writing takes up every spare second.  When I’m not writing and editing, I’m doing interviews, or working the social media angle.  Then when I down tools I’m looking after my four kids and husband.  If I do get any time for myself I love reading, nice long walks and horse-riding.




What do you hope readers take from your book? 
I just want them to fall in love with my characters and get involved with the story.  I’d love them to take away a sense of nearly having visited Ireland, like they’ve seen it through Megan’s eyes.





Thank you so much to Leigh Fallon for stopping by my blog today! I really can't WAIT until The Carrier of the Mark is released in October! Here's a blurb:








A move to Ireland is about to introduce Megan to her destiny, her real destiny, can she embrace it and will she survive it? 







A tragedy in Megan’s past set her on a predetermined course. A chain of events has been set in motion that brings Megan to Kinsale, a small town in the south of Ireland where her destiny awaits her. Her life starts to fall into place as she makes new friends and settles into her new school. However, the reclusive and distant Adam DeRís calls to her body and soul.






She finds herself increasingly drawn to Adam and his strange family. Adam knows a secret from her past and he and his family hold the key to her future. A future that binds her to Adam and his world, a world of power, mystery and ancient orders. A world that unbeknownst to her, she very much belongs in.

Follow Leigh Fallon!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to reading The Carrier Of The Mark it sounds so interesting and I lov e books that u can just get lost in like you are there to. Kudos for the upcoming book. Once again sounds Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There!

    An excellent interview! Well done!

    You have a lovely blog, I will be sure to drop in regularly!

    Jen ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!