Waiting on Wednesday – Week 84

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight on upcoming reads which I'm DYING to get my hands on.

This week's WoW is:
Great by Sara Benincasa

In Sara Benincasa's contemporary retelling of The Great Gatsby, a teenage girl becomes entangled in the drama of a Hamptons social circle, only to be implicated in a tragedy that shakes the summer community.

Everyone loves a good scandal.

Naomi Rye usually dreads spending the summer with her socialite mother in East Hampton. This year is no different. She sticks out like a sore thumb among the teenagers who have been summering (a verb only the very rich use) together for years. But Naomi finds herself captivated by her mysterious next-door neighbor, Jacinta. Jacinta has her own reason for drawing close to Naomi-to meet the beautiful and untouchable Delilah Fairweather. But Jacinta's carefully constructed world is hiding something huge, a secret that could undo everything. And Naomi must decide how far she is willing to be pulled into this web of lies and deception before she is unable to escape.

Based on a beloved classic and steeped in Sara Benincasa's darkly comic voice, Great has all the drama, glitz, and romance with a terrific modern (and scandalous) twist to enthrall readers.

April 8, 2014 ● Goodreads

A re-telling of The Great Gatsby?! I'M SO READING THIS ONE. Hmm... it's on Edelweiss and I do have eGalley, but it's a tad bit too far away– but I'm sure that won't stop me ;D

What are you waiting on?

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this before, but it sounds interesting. I don't really like contemporary though, I'm more of a fantasy person.:)
    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that this is a retelling of Gatsby! I've been seeing quite a few retellings lately of books that I never thought would be retold. I think that's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!