Perfect Lies by Kiersten White

Perfect Lies by Kiersten White

Release Date: February 18, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Mind Games, Book 2
Rated: YA 14+
Format: ARC
Source: Borrowed – thanks Richa (City of Books)!
Buy: AmazonThe Book Depository
Goodreads Website

Read my review of Mind Games HERE.

Annie and Fia are ready to fight back.

The sisters have been manipulated and controlled by the Keane Foundation for years, trapped in a never ending battle for survival. Now they have found allies who can help them truly escape. After faking her own death, Annie has joined a group that is plotting to destroy the Foundation. And Fia is working with James Keane to bring his father down from the inside.


But Annie's visions of the future can't show her who to trust in the present. And though James is Fia's first love, Fia knows he's hiding something. The sisters can rely only on each other - but that may not be enough to save them.

I’ve learned from the past: if you see a Kiersten White book, READ IT IMMEDIATELY. I am so in love with her writing style. It’s got a twisted sense of humour, the kind that you giggle at despite it being horrifying and bloody, or so absurdly unrealistic that it just works. Of course after reading Mind Games I’ve been DYING to read the sequel, but I only got to reading Perfect Lies recently. After leaving this lying on my shelf for so long – and this isn’t even my book (sorry Richa!) – I decided to finish this duology, once and for all. Okay, maybe not once and for all, but you know what I mean.

I think my experience with reading this one was slightly hindered due to the fact that it’s been around a year since I’d read the first part of this two-book series. Yeah, so names, places, groups, etc. were totally unrecognizable for me because I had no idea who was who, how the last book left off, and who was on who’s side. It took a little re-reading of my review, other people’s reviews and guessing while reading to get a grasp on previous events and where exactly this book picks up.

This time round, I liked Annie’s story more than Fia’s. While Mind Games was more centered around Fia, I enjoyed how we got to see more of Annie and how as reader’s we learn more about her character as well. BONUS: there is also some romance that develops! Fia’s story though was just really confusing. I liked the addition of “Pixie”’s character, but my confusion mainly had to do with the fact about the time that the story takes place. IT JUMPS AROUND SO MUCH. In the first book I could take it but with this one I was left dazed, wondering what was going on. As for the love triangle that kind of developed in Mind Games– yeah, that’s gone. Adam barely makes an appearance during the book, which is strange since I remember him having quite a big role in the previous book.

Perfect Lies was a fast read, jam-packed with action, swoon-worthy guys and an ending I did not see coming. While I’m sad to say goodbye to this series, I’m definitely looking forward to more hilarity from Kiersten White. Can’t wait to start Illusions of Fate!

If you like this, try...

2 comments:

  1. Hahah glad you finally read it xD And yes her books are amazingg! You'll love Illusions of Fate, it's exactly how you describe her books to be.
    (Still really don't remember this book at all lol but awesome review!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like you, we didn't remember everything from MIND GAMES, and we found ourselves a bit more confused, but at the end of the day, the bond between Annie and Fia was still very compelling. These are definitely our two favorite Kiersten White books.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!