Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me by Amy Plum


Published: May 10th, 2011
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Revenants, Book 1
Rating: YA 14+
Format: eGalley
Source: NetGalley
AmazonGoodreads

My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.


Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.

Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.

Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?


**This Review is based on an ARC (Advanced Reader Copy). The final text may be different!**


This is one of the best paranormal books I have EVER read. It's enthralling. It just captured me from the beginning to the end. I was hanging on every sentence. Now this book, I would die for.

I love the setting. Paris isn't a very common setting I've found (well, I haven't read Anna and the French Kiss...yet) and it's just so bright, so classical and so beautiful in the descriptions. Now I REALLY wanna go to Paris...and see all the sparkling lights from the Eiffel Tower and the view from the Pont des Arts. Not to mention, it's an excellent opportunity to show off my amazing French Skills ;) (yet, learning the language for 5 years and still being in the lower class I still don't get).

I really love the fact that there's a 
different paranormal "creature" in these books, as you can see by the series name, it brings on a new quest for supernatural: Revenants. What is a Revenant?? Well, I looked it up and it said it's a French word for someone who has returned from the dead. I'd only heard of Revenant's once before, and that was from Brandon Mull's series, Fablehaven.



I found each of the character unique and loveable in someway (except for the baddie, of course). Kate is such an amazing main character. She's a book lover (like moi!) and doesn't really like the party scene like her older sister Georgia. 
I found Georgia okay. She's a supportive older sister, but she parties like, all the time! Charlotte is an amazing supportive best friend to Kate and Ambrose the joker (Love him!). Gaspard reminds me of a worried middle aged man, while JB makes me think of a ferocious grandpa. Vincent and Jules...
I seriously love both of them!! Obviously Vincent over Jules, but they are both AMAZINGGG!! <3 I could seriously fan-girl about them for pages and pages worth of writing ;)

The plot only kinda picked up with more action around half way through the book. Nothing was wrong with the story. The beginning was more of the emotions of Kate, as she just lost both her parents and her thoughts on Paris etc. I love how it slowly opens up to Vincent and all, it really crescendoes up into a fabulous and action packed story! (with romance of course :D)

This book is so amazing I know I'm going to DIE (pun intended) when the second book, Until I Die releases sometime in 2012. EEKKK! I can't wait that long! Amy Plum writes an amazing debut novel which paranormal readers can devour, with a fabulous new concept of supernatural: Revenants. Move over Fallen Angels, Vamps and Were-things, this book, and it's gorgeously created characters and descriptions, ROCKS.


If you like this, try...




Other Covers:

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Good thing I have this book. From you review, I'd like it a lot. Maybe I'll read that one next. :D Thanks for the review. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!