Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott

Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott


Published: May 24th, 2011
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Rating: YA 14+
Format: eGalley
Source: Simon & Schuster's Galley Grab
AmazonGoodreadsWebsite


Abby accepted that she can’t measure up to her beautiful, magnetic sister Tess a long time ago, and knows exactly what she is: Second best. Invisible.

Until the accident.

Now Tess is in a coma, and Abby’s life is on hold. It may have been hard living with Tess, but it's nothing compared to living without her.
She's got a plan to bring Tess back though, involving the gorgeous and mysterious Eli, but then Abby learns something about Tess, something that was always there, but that she’d never seen.
Abby is about to find out that truth isn't always what you think it is, and that life holds more than she ever thought it could...





**This Review is based on an ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy). The final text/cover may be different.**


This book is so emotional. I couldn't help but feel so sorry for Abby, how she has to deal with a perfect older sister, and how she keeps visiting in the hospital, hoping she'll wake up. It's so sweet how she talks to her sister, tries to make her wake up, and deal with her parents as well. Everything seems to unfold onto Abby, and she's the one trying to find out about her sister, figure out what about her changed. I guessed the "big" surprise about her sister (I actually couldn't believe I was RIGHT!) and so I was pretty happy that I knew it would come around.


This is the 4th Elizabeth Scott novel I've read, and I have to say, this has the most emotion. It's not the most saddest (that goes to Living Dead Girl) but it's definitely one giant roller coaster full of melancholy, love and thought. I sometimes though wanted to shake Abby to stop complaining about her perfect sister. But I guess, it's pretty understandable from her standpoint.
LOVED Eli! Elizabeth Scott definitely knows how to craft the male characters into making them irresistible :) Claire was also a key character– without her, I have no idea how the story could ever be as dramatic!
I love the topics touched by Elizabeth Scott, it's not taken lightly, and it shows the true colors of real life. I found myself being pulled in by them and finding a much different outlook on them. I didn't know what some of the things were, example OCD, but this book really helped me look at life from a different perspective.
This book was short, and easy to dive into, but difficult to come back out to the surface again. Every character has sympathy for different reasons, and it's just such a overwhelming book with everything turning out in the end, with Abby's first boyfriend, Tess' secret, why Tess and Claire don't talk to one another, her parents trying to cope–there's definitely a LOT to this book.


Between Here and Forever is a story of acceptance, discrimination, and that somethings don't appear what they seem to. The ending was left with hope, but I really do hope there's a sequel or something, because I don't like where it's left off– I want it to continue! A sensitive, touching novel, Elizabeth Scott does not disappoint.




If you like this, try...

4 comments:

  1. Grrr! Now I've got to check this one out! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds really good! and the cover is also very pretty(:

    Lisa

    Dont forget to check out my 50 follower giveaway!:D
    http://turningpages94.blogspot.com/2011/05/50-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY want to read this now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your review made me buy it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!