Books, Blogging and Everything Else: Summer, Memes, and more Summer!

I've tried out "Rants" before as a meme, but I found one problem: despite many problems that can occur in one day, I never felt it necessary to rant about it! So I'm giving this a try, more of a discussion meme rather than me blabbing out my feelings. Well, there's that, but you guys should most definitely join in.
HENCE, I've created Books, Blogging and Everything Else: A meme where I pick a random discussion question for the three topics listed above– Books, Blogging, and Everything Else! See, it's quite fun :)


Books...

Since summer is coming up, here's one question that I'm sure everyone's thinking about:

What books are you planning to read on vacation?

Some of you may be quite familiar with my ranting, but let me state the obvious: I have a huge TBR pile. And I'm sure that almost all of you do. For those of you who don't, please let me know your secret!

I've got quite a large chunk of my pile that I want to chomp down on this summer! Mostly it's "fun reads" which I've never gotten the time to read, but also includes some eGalleys for review. Grade 11 is coming up, and because I'm taking Higher English Literature as part of the IB system, I also have to read three "Wider Reading novels" these include several books from all over the globe, including some which I have read (ie. The Lovely Bones, To Kill a Mockingbird). I might have to stop at a bookstore to see what else on the huge list they've provided quirks my interest. I've yet to actually go through the entire list, and I should be doing so very, very soon.

I can only really fit so much in my suitcase, so I'm flipping through pages like mad, trying to cut down the pile as much as I can before I leave this saturday. I've successfully gone through a couple books, so it looks promising!


Blogging...

Well, since I've just "created" (or rather adapted) a meme, let's focus the question of the very same topic, shall we?

Do you take part in memes? If so, how many/which do you participate in?

I'm a sucker for memes. But that's the terrible part: somewhere along the way, I end up stopping the meme and completely let it go! I've done this to several (Teaser Tuesday and my very own meme Rants, for example) and I'm quite horrified at the rate I'm doing so. I currently do partake very regularly in Waiting on Wednesday, and sometimes in Top Ten Tuesday and In My Mailbox. Even rarer is Books to Pine For, Dust Collectors and Fairest of  Them All. Listing these actually makes my heart pang for them, so hopefully you might see some posts of these coming up!

I honestly find that the harder and the more effort that the meme takes, my interest and regularity for posting goes downhill. Which I really hate. I'm terrible at motivating and sticking to something (it's a miracle how I'm still blogging) and need to plan WAY ahead of time before posting. I guess this is the problem. The only reason why Waiting on Wednesday occurs frequently is because it's quite easy to post. I'm really trying hard to increase the amount of reviews, as well as interact with you all by taking part in memes, and there's only so many days in a week. I'm still trying to work around it, so sorry for the confusion, if there was any: I'll definitely sort this out in the end, I promise you.


and Everything Else...

NOW, onto something completely non-book-or-blog related! It's again to do with summer:

What TV shows are you planning on watching during the summer? Are there any good TV shows which you're addicted to?

I will admit this: I'm a TV newbie. I only really started watching TV shows in Grade 10 (this year...isn't that sad?!) and it's been a great new interest for me. Before I used to watch whatever was coming on TV when my sister and brother were watching it (which usually included Spongebob Squarepants) but now, I'm like ADDICTED.

I've gone through many shows this past year: How I Met Your Mother, New Girl, Suburgatory, Modern Family, Glee, State of Georgia, I Hate My Teenage Daughter. Even recapped on some old ones: 10 Things I Hate About You (WHY DID THEY CANCEL?!?) and a little bit of Friends. I'm also trying to catch up on some now: Gossip Girl (Season 5, nearly finished... but so far, probably my least favorite season) and Pretty Little Liars (I have yet to reach the season 2 finale. It's killing me!). So as you can see, I am a TV virgin no more.

Yet, I have so many more shows I want to give a chance. I've watched the pilot episode for Are You There, Chelsea? and even though I know it's cancelled, I'm loving it, and probably will finish the 12 episodes. Other shows that I mean to watch include: Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Last Man Standing, Up All Night, Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 29, The Secret Circle, The Big Bang Theory, and so much more. Gah, this is probably gonna kill me.

And then there's two TV shows which I totally need your opinion on. 1) Game of Thrones. I've heard amazing things about it from so many people, and it really sounds good. Then my friend, who watched it, tells me what happens (not in so much detail) but from what she says there's a ton of profanity. So my question is: is it really worth watching? Like, will I go WOW just from watching a couple of episodes?
And 2) The Vampire Diaries. Everyone's been either YES or NO for this one, and I need some good opinions. I watched the first couple of episodes, but it's been so slow, and I've not found it really interesting. But people keep telling me that it gets better, but trust me, I don't want to keep watching just to see WHEN it gets better. So another question for you is: Is it worth continuing this series?

❖ ❖ ❖ ❖ ❖


Some questions to totally think about (and totally answer in the comments!) and I guess this is one of the last posts before it goes all scheduled on you. More on that later. Hope you're all having a fab summer full of books, blogging, and (well) everything else!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm so happy it's the holidays, now I can catch up on all my reading!
    I have 2 books waiting for review and literally, a few, Hundred of mine that I must read!!!!enjoy your vacation!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of the TV addict. ;) My favorite summer shows are MTVs Teen Wolf, TNTs Falling Skies and USAs Burn Notice, Covert Affairs and Suits. I'm not sure you'd like any of those but they're fun. I vote YES on The Vampire Diaries. It gets good and you become way invested. I love it!

    The only meme I bother with any more is Top Ten Tuesday and that's only if I'm desperate. I just get bored of memes.

    This summer of reading is not going well at all. There's so many books I'd rather be reading and am not because of commitments. :(

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!