Waiting on Wednesday – Week 189

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It's to spotlight upcoming releases that I'm DYING to get my hands on!

This week's WoW is:
Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller

Sallot Leon is a thief, and a good one at that. But gender fluid Sal wants nothing more than to escape the drudgery of life as a highway robber and get closer to the upper-class―and the nobles who destroyed their home. 

When Sal steals a flyer for an audition to become a member of The Left Hand―the Queen's personal assassins, named after the rings she wears―Sal jumps at the chance to infiltrate the court and get revenge. 

But the audition is a fight to the death filled with clever circus acrobats, lethal apothecaries, and vicious ex-soldiers. A childhood as a common criminal hardly prepared Sal for the trials. And as Sal succeeds in the competition, and wins the heart of Elise, an intriguing scribe at court, they start to dream of a new life and a different future, but one that Sal can have only if they survive.

August 29, 2017 ● Goodreads

As much as I hate starting series with none of the other books out, the cover (!!) and the synopsis for this one might just tempt me to dive into it with no regard for the fact that later on I might have to re-read it *le sigh*. I mean, I was sold at gender-fluid character and ASSASSIN. Anyhoo, I was lucky enough to snag an eGalley of this one when NetGalley offered it, so I'm hoping that I can get to it soon.

What are you waiting on?

6 comments:

  1. I have been hearing a lot of good buzz about this one, and my co-blogger is excited to read it (she is more SFF than me and she got it at BEA). I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing this cover and this is the first time that I have stopped to read the synopsis. It sounds amazing and I think that it is one that I will enjoy. Thanks so much for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds really good! This isn't usually my preferred genre but the synopsis definitely has me intrigued. Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I see you're reading Gentleman's Guide! How is it?!

      Delete
    2. Gentleman’s Guide is REALLY good. Just finished it and now I want more haha! Thanks for visiting my blog :D

      Delete
  4. Wow, this sounds amazing!!! A gender fluid protagonist and assassins? Ding ding ding! Thanks for sharing.

    Cass @ Words on Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!