The Indigo King by James A. Owen

Hey again guys! It's been A LOOOONG time since I wrote a blog, but I got loads more coming your way, so yeah. So here we are again, and this time it's the third book in The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica, The Indigo King by James A. Owen. This series isn't all that well known, I learnt about it because the first book Here, There Be Dragons was our English Novel Study, and some of my friends and I got hooked and read until the third...only if I could get my hands on the fourth!
Anyway, this book was different than the previous two books, because it not only included another character, but it excluded one of the main characters...sort of. Charles wasn't there the entire book until the end, but there was his parallel-world-look-alike in the book who was with them (Jack and John) for the adventure, so he was "kinda" there. But he does play an important role in this book, as he becomes...Geu Ahriadn vo Tfanol (HA! U cannot decode it unless, you have read the book and therefore KNOWS what he becomes!)
They do include another famous character though, Hugo (not gonna give away his whole name, and if you REALLY wanna know, search up the possible famous Hugo's in the 1900's) and it's funny how he does get involved with this...yeah. It was also kinda different because instead of Tummeler, (I don't remember if he's in the 2nd) they have his...decedents, well, which kinda fits, 'cause it's around 20 or 15 something years since the first adventure. 
The thing I LOVED about the book was the ALLUSIONS. I, of course, Read ALOT, and I was so excited ever since the first book of the different characters/items from Mythology and other Books come into the story (or are at least mentioned), and I'm gonna give away a few: The Nautalis (I think I spelled that wrong), The Holy Grail and a certain Wardrobe. I'll leave you guys to figure out what they are, if you might not know, one or two of them...whatever. 
This book is really intense, and will shock you and keep you suspended at different times in the books. James A. Owen is a REALLY talented author, and I cannot wait for the rest of The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica! OH and look out for upcoming reviews: Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard (Books 2-7), Evermore and Blue Moon by Alyson Noël, City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare, Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins, School's Out-Forever by James Patterson, Ever by Gail Carson Levine, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, The Last Straw and Dog Days by Jeff Kinney, The Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer, The Tale of Despereaux by Kate Decamillo, The Wyrm King by Tony DiTerlizzi and Holly Black AND The Last Olympian by Rick Riordan. WHEW! GOTTA LOT TO WRITE, so bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!