How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend by Gary Ghislain

How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend by Gary Ghislain


Published: May 4th, 2011
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Rating: YA 13+
Format: ARC
Source: Sent from Author
AmazonGoodreadsWebsite


David Gershwin's summer is about to take a turn for the weird. When his dad's new patient Zelda tells him she s from outer space and on a quest to take Johnny Depp back to her planet, he knows he should run away screaming. But with one look from her mean, green eyes, David's hooked, and soon he's leaping across rooftops, running from police, and stealing cars just to stay by her side. He might not be a typical hero, but David's going to get the girl even if it takes him to the ends of the earth or beyond.




**This Review is based on an ARC (Advanced Reader's Copy). The final text/cover may be different.**


I can say with all honesty, it was the title that grabbed my interest.
I mean, with a really bizarre and eye catching title as "How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend" it's bound to get attention! (You know, besides the point that Johnny Depp's name is in the title...anyone seen Pirates 4? Wanna go badly!) Mr. Ghislain was so amazing as to sending another copy in the mail, as the first one got lost. I'm glad I got a copy though– this book is seriously the FUNNIEST one I've read in a long time.


All the characters were amazing contributers to the story. David is one hilarious 14-year old, and it's really sweet how he goes the whole length of helping Zelda find Johnny Depp. I mean seriously, which guy wouldn't want to be with a alien from outer space, who sings like a whale and has a whole bunch of tattoos? Yeah, that's what I thought you'd say.
Zelda's really peculiar, and really adds the hilarity to this story. Her ways are...really strange (as you'll find out in this book) and you can't help liking her! and the fact she, like more than half of the female population, wants Johnny Depp?? priceless! Malou was also a great addition to the plot and really added the sarcasm and sparkiness to it. Can't really imagine what the book would be like without her!


Of course, with every amazing book comes the baddies. There's, of course, David's super-control-and-clean-freak-who's-very-rich mom, and the police and authorities who are trying to capture Zelda and David for helping her escape. But then, there's more "out-worldly" powers going against them. In come the Vahalalian Rebels, the Valks! One terrifying group of chicks, I'll have to say. The results at the end, are quite different as expected, but it just makes this book even more love-able with the twists and surprises!


How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend is a mouthful to say, but one heck of a story. You'll be knee-slapping, jaw-dropping, and singing to your belly button (long story) the whole way  through the novel. Gary Ghislain has written a fantastic debut which is fast, extremely amusing, and action-packed that'll keep you on your toes! This book will truly bring out the strange alien in you.


**Thank you so much to Gary Ghislain for sending me How I Stole Johnny Depp's Alien Girlfriend for Review!**


If you like this, try...



I just HAD to share this pic after seeing it on Gary Ghislain's blog. It SO illustrates how I thought Zelda looks like!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!