Dark Secrets 2: No Time to Die/The Deep End of Fear by Elizabeth Chandler


Secrets taken to the grave don't always stay buried. 

In No Time to Die, Jenny is devastated by the recent death of her sister, Liza. Looking for a sense of closure, she secretly signs up for the drama camp where Liza died. Jenny knows that someone here holds the key to what really happened to Liza that night, but if she doesn't find out the truth soon, she may become the next victim. 

In The Deep End of Fear, Kate has tried to bury the horrible memories associated with the Westbrook estate. After her best friend Ashley drowned on the estate, Kate vowed never to return. But now, twelve years later, she is drawn back towards the house and that fatal icy pond. There, Kate still feels Ashley's presence and the past seems to be pulling her back towards Ashley's life-threatening dares.


Another AMAZING book by Elizabeth Chandler, Dark Secrets 2 is even darker and powerful than the first.


In No Time to Die, we look at the power of spirits and life after death. Who really killed Liza? and is her murderer still out there, plotting to get revenge on Jenny? Well, I found this story really surprising. I had no idea of who the murderer was, all the clues seem to throw readers off and make them think that the murderer is someone else...when the real one is right under our noses. 
I found Jenny a like-able character. She's honest, she's modest, and I guess, she just wants to do justice and find the person who killed her sister. *Spoiler Alert* What I don't like is her choice in guys (at first) I mean, I didn't like the first guy, whats-his-face. I mean, Mike, I adored. But I could sense the other guy had a bad vibe to him. Just saying. But other than that, I liked how everything played out, how there were so many people that could have killed Liza and all with great motives, but it all turns out to be that one person (with also an okay motive).


The other story, The Deep End of Fear, I found a bit more thrilling than No Time to Die. I mean, it also deals with spirits and stuff, especially an angry one which only a little boy, Patrick, can see. I loved the realism of this story. The plot, the twists and turns, and the dark secrets. Almost everything was perfection. 
Kate was a strong character...I liked her! She does seem to be the protective kind, and she seems fun in a way, like with kids and stuff. Loved the guy in this one! Sam almost made me fall in love with hockey itself ;). I almost thought that he was like one of the characters that I'm sure, that without, the book wouldn't be that interesting.
The Ending of this story though, was kinda weak. *Spoiler Alert* I mean the murderer(s) reveal themselves and then what happens? They kill themselves off. I mean, I'm not gonna say who it is, but it did kinda make sense to why it happened, but the ending with the revealing? just bizarre. I also found that the family tree was kinda confusing, with who was who's daughter and cousin and etc. I had to keep going back to read and find out who did what!


Out of both stories, I have no idea which one was better. I think the second one was strong (until the end) so I'm thinking that it's the better story :). Both were amazing though (especially loved Mike and Sam ;) ) ! Loved every word of it, and I couldn't stop reading until I finished the whole thing in one go. Can't wait to read the next one, The Back Door of Midnight. Should be as good...Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I'll try to visit your blog (if you have one) and comment back!